A. Introduction to Arcelik Hitachi Home Appliances Sales (Singapore) Pte. Ltd. Privacy Terms and Conditions
Arcelik Hitachi Home Appliances Sales (Singapore) Pte. Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as "AHSG ") handles various information, including technical information and information provided by our business partners such as customers and suppliers. With this in mind, AHSG strives to establish and fully enforce an information management system in order to respect the value of the said information.
AHSG has put in place rules for the collection, use and disclosure of personal data by AHSG and/or its parent and related companies. AHSG will strive to protect personal data based on this Arcelik Hitachi Home Appliances Sales (Singapore) Pte. Ltd. Privacy Terms and Conditions (hereinafter referred to as “this AHSG Privacy T&C”) and in accordance with the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (hereinafter referred to as "the PDPA")
By using this website, you acknowledge that you have read and understood this AHSG Privacy T&C and agree to the collection, use or disclosure of any personal data submitted by you to us, as described in this AHSG Privacy T&C. If you do not so agree, please do not submit any personal data. Please also do not submit personal data of other individuals to us through this website unless you have obtained their express consent for you to do so. We shall be entitled to assume that you have duly obtained such consent if you submit personal data of other individuals to us through this website.
If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any personal data.
B. AHSG Privacy T&C
- Establish rules for managing personal data protection and make continual improvements AHSG will make sure that employees recognize the importance of personal data protection, and will establish rules for personal data management to appropriately use and protect personal data. These rules will be maintained and improved continually.
- Collect, use and/or disclose personal data and forbid the use or disclosure of such data for purposes other than which the personal data was collected AHSG will handle your personal data appropriately by establishing a management system for personal data protection for its various business lines. AHSG will not use such personal data for purposes other than the original purpose for which it was collected and in accordance with the PDPA and other applicable law.
- Implement safety measures and correct problems To ensure the integrity and safety of personal data, AHSG has implemented various measures such as managing access to personal data, restricting the means for transporting personal data outside the company and preventing unauthorised access, and strive to prevent the leakage, loss or destruction of personal data. In addition, should any problems regarding personal data safety measures be found, AHSG will identify the cause and take immediate corrective measures.
- Follow laws and regulations AHSG will follow the PDPA and will use reasonable endeavours to follow best practices for the collection, use and disclosure of personal data.
- Respecting your rights regarding your personal data
Whenever you make a request to access or correct your personal data, or withdraw your consent to us using your own personal data, AHSG will respond with sincerity, respecting your rights in relation to that personal data in accordance with the PDPA.
C. Personal Data
AHSG protects and manages personal data with reasonable endeavours based on this AHSG Privacy T&C. "Personal data" refers to information that can be used to identify you. This may include your name, e-mail address, mobile and home telephone numbers, and home address.
The provisions of this AHSG Privacy T&C do not apply to "business contact information" as defined in the PDPA, which includes an individual's name, position name or title, business telephone number, business address, business e-mail address or business fax number and any other similar information about an individual, not provided by the individual solely for personal purposes.
D. Collection, Usage and Retention of Personal Data
1. In relation to AHSG's business and operational activities, AHSG will collect, use or disclose personal data for the purpose of responding to your inquiry and reporting and/or channeling to its parent company, AHSG’s related companies and/or other Hitachi group companies, about your inquiry. AHSG may also collect, use and disclose your personal data for the following purposes (“Purposes”):
a. Execution of a contract concluded between AHSG, AHSG’s parent or related companies or other Hitachi group companies and a business partner;
b. Contacts for business negotiations and meetings with a business partner;
c. Delivery of after-sales service on products, and sending of information on events and new products;
d. Marketing purpose such as sending emails, promotions and other marketing materials relating to products and offerings by AHSG, AHSG' parent or related companies or other Hitachi group companies;
e. Execution of business, including system development, operation and maintenance, entrusted by a business partner;
f. Affairs of stocks;
g. Response to various inquiries from a business partner;
h. Analysis based on questionnaires to improve products and services; and
i. Provision of personal data to AHSG's parent or related companies or other Hitachi group companies in case of co-operation with them.
2. AHSG will not retain any personal data provided by you or automatically collected by us any longer than reasonably necessary for Purposes and other valid business or legal purposes.
E. Disclosure of Personal Data
- AHSG may disclose, in accordance with the PDPA and other applicable law, your personal data to AHSG’s parent and related companies and other Hitachi group companies in order to achieve the Purposes. AHSG may further disclose, in accordance with the PDPA and other applicable law, relevant personal data to certain third parties in connection with the provision of any product, item or service to AHSG including any outsourcing services and telecommunication services. In addition, if necessary and in accordance with the PDPA and other applicable law, AHSG may disclose personal data to our auditors and other outside professional advisers and to other parties that provide products or services to us, such as business process outsourcing providers, telecommunication and IT systems providers and consulting firms.
- Where the processing of personal data is delegated to a third party data processor, such as those listed above, AHSG will delegate such processing in writing, will choose a data processor that provides sufficient guarantees with respect to technical and organizational security measures governing the relevant processing and will ensure that the processor acts on our behalf and under our instructions. In addition, AHSG will impose in writing appropriate data protection and information security requirements on such third party data processors.
- International Transfers of Personal Data AHSG may, in connection with the purposes set out in Section E paragraphs 1 and 2 above, transmit personal data to other members of the Hitachi group or to other third parties, located in Japan or other jurisdictions where data protection laws may not provide an equivalent level of protection to the laws in your home jurisdiction. AHSG will take steps to establish appropriate data protection and information security requirements with such recipients to confirm that personal data is properly protected in accordance with this AHSG Privacy T&C and the PDPA.
- Additional Disclosures of Personal Data
Personal data also may be disclosed, where permitted by the PDPA and other applicable law, to protect your vital interests, to protect the legitimate interests of AHSG (unless this would prejudice your rights and freedoms or interests), to comply with any notice, order, directive, summons, subpoena or other forms of request from any judicial, administrative or regulatory body, any government or public or government agency, any instrumentality or authority or any domestic or foreign tax, revenue, fiscal or monetary authority or agency, or in AHSG’s judgment to comply with applicable law. The recipients of these disclosures may be located in Japan or other countries where data protection laws may not provide an equivalent level of protection to the laws in your home jurisdiction, and in such cases, AHSG will take steps to establish appropriate data protection and information security requirements with such recipients to confirm that personal data is properly protected in accordance with this AHSG Privacy T&C and the PDPA.
F. Cookies and web beacons
You may refuse to accept cookies and web beacons by changing the settings of your web browser. However, do note that your usage of our website may be affected if you disable cookies and web beacons.
G. Making Access/Correction Requests
You may at any time:
- request access to your personal data and how it has been used/disclosed within the last year; or
- request for correction of your personal data.
Please note that we may charge you a reasonable fee to cover the costs of responding to your data access request.
Please see Section H below should you wish to make an access or correction request.
If you have other questions about this Website or how AHSG collects, uses and discloses your personal data, including how you can make access and correction requests, please contact us at [email protected]
If you submit to us any inquiry or opinion, we would like you to carefully read and agree to the terms stipulated in this document, otherwise please note that we may not answer the inquiry.
I. Withdrawal of consent
Requests for withdrawal of consent for AHSG to collect, use and disclose your personal data as described in this AHSG Privacy T&C should be made via mail to AHSG's data protection officer at the following address:
Data Protection Officer
Arcelik Hitachi Home Appliances Sales (Singapore) Pte. Ltd.
438A Alexandra Road
No. 01-01 Alexandra Technopark
J. Miscellaneous Provisions
This AHSG Privacy T&C may be updated from time to time to reflect changes and/or developments in data protection laws, regulations, guidelines, codes and industry practices and other applicable law. Revisions to this AHSG Privacy T&C will be published on this website.